Tuesday, November 2, 2010

CHAYANNE -ITIS!










Today has been one of those I learned to recognize long ago.



Symptoms:


1- Constant thought obstruction
2- Sweaty palms caused by visual stimulation
3- Insatiable need to get up and dance one minute and the next wanting to swoon and accommodate yourself in your lover's arms
4- Daydreaming directly related to Symptom #1
5- Smiling to myself --- for no apparent reason. Again, related to Symptom #1.

Diagnosis:
My friends I have been diagnosed with Chayanne -itis and unlike the flu or any other ailment, this is one I thoroughly enjoy! I believe this recent episode is the result of the 2nd leg of the USA tour starting soon. Next week to be exact. God knows how hard it was for me to not impulsively buy a ticket to the Vegas or California show... and then a plane ticket. I'm actually quite amazed I didn't. (Oh my!! Have I learned to control my impulses??!!).

Treatment:
Unfortunately there is no known cure for Chayanne -itis. There is however a way to minimize the symptoms --- it involves brainstorming over what to wear for one very special night, singing to the top of your lungs in a crowd of thousands, drooling (A LOT), and allowing yourself to be blown away by physical and spiritual beauty all in one dose.



How can I put into words the emotion that is felt in anticipation to the show? It is even harder to express the emotion felt once in your seat at the venue when the lights go out. Pandora and I have 24 days to go until this amazingly indescribable moment. I wonder if I could just go to the Vegas Show instead… then I’d only have to wait 11 days… Mmmmmm, there go my impulses again….




((Opens browser…. Frantically searching for flight))




$600 round trip + $700 Concert Tix, Hotel & Food...NEVERMIND!

I guess I will have to practice the art of patience. For those of you who will see Chayanne in his earlier USA shows, I hope you enjoy every millisecond of it. Savor it and think of how fortunate you are to be able to enjoy such an amazing show by an even more amazing artist.



CHAYANNE USA TOUR #2




11/11 ---- Anaheim, CA
11/13 ---- Las Vegas, NV
11/14 ---- Indio, CA
11/19 ---- Hollywood, FL
11/20 ---- Orlando, FL
11/24 ---- Chicago, IL
11/26 ---- Atlantic City, NJ
11/27 ---- Uncasville, CT
12/3 ---- Dallas, TX
12/4 ---- Houston, TX

4 comments:

  1. Maybe you can use your miles to go to Vegas. I've told you you can stay at my aunt's house, and we can raid her fridge. Voilá: Housing and food are covered.

    I hear ya. I start smiling to myself all the time: while driving and singing GUAJIRAAAAAA, ES LO QUE BAILA MI GENTE at the top of my lungs in my car, when I'm at work... I'm even getting one of my co-workers excited about it... She's coming to the concert, but she didn't even know who Chayanne was until you and Ruby Slipper came out here for the 1st leg of the US Tour and I told her what we were up to. She STILL hasn't heard a single one of his songs, yet she paid the $150 for the concert ticket, and this morning, she told me: "I'm actually getting excited that the show is next week."

    Hold on... I Just saw on the schedule up there that there are TWO shows in CA before the Vegas one! Porqué me haces esto?? There is no way I can drive from work to Indio and make it to that show on time!!!!! Who lives in Indio anyway???? Then again, I didn't even know Cabazon existed until you told me that there was going to be a concert there! See? Not only is he the most amazing performing artist on the planet, but we also learn geography from him :)

    Que te diviertas mucho en el East Coast, 'cause you know I will on the West Coast! GUAJIRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work ladies, I really look forward to coming here every day to see what you will have new for us. You do an incredible job!!

    Thanks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kita!! Thank you for all the support that you have given to the Caja! We look forward to your visits to *UnBeso*

    ReplyDelete